As the saying goes, “Behind every smile there are teeth.” People are more likely to notice your smile when they meet you for the first time. But imagine if there is one tooth missing in between that makes the whole smile look off?
Good oral health is necessary and can be taken care of by following some simple dental hygiene rules like brushing twice a day, flossing, getting a dental check-up done every 6 months to a year, looking out for cavities, etc. But what if you still cannot show that million-dollar smile when you really need to?
These are apprehensions that individuals with missing teeth face every single day. Are you one of them too? Then you should know that missing teeth is not only about a beautiful smile but can escalate other problems like bone deterioration, difficulty eating, pain in the gums, and more.
For ages, bridges and dentures were the only available options but with the invention of dental implants, patients have more options to achieve the smile of their dreams.
Dental Implants & Their Advantages
- Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are designed and implanted in such a way that over a period of time they fuse with the other bones and become permanent.
- Dental implants also strengthen the bone and build support by generating bone growth in and around the implant.
- Prevents the “sunken” look that usually occurs with tooth loss. Undoubtedly, it is aesthetically appealing.
- Dentures can be uncomfortable, especially if the fitting is improper. This can lead to pain while eating, bleeding and swollen gums, sore gums, bad breath, mouth ulcers, and more. All of these can be avoided with dental implants.
- With good care and maintenance, dental implants can last for years; maybe even a lifetime compared to any other teeth replacement option.
- People with healthy teeth and gums exhibit a higher success rate and durability of dental implants. Therefore, it is an excellent investment for long-term oral health.
- Dental implants also improve the ability to chew food since they are secured in your jawbone just like natural teeth and provide a strong foundation.
- Implants are versatile since they can replace one or multiple teeth.
Dental Implants & Oral Health
Dental implants look, feel, and function like natural teeth. Since the implant is made from titanium it is non-toxic and a perfect replacement for your missing teeth. Patients can eat, chew, brush and floss completely normally too!
Implants accelerate natural bone growth since they do not just replace the tooth but the root as well. Dentures on the other hand can potentially accelerate bone loss.
Dental implants not only fill the gap of the missing tooth but also prevents adjacent teeth shift towards the gap. This shifting can be very harmful and can affect the appearance, bite, and ability to chew if not prevented in time.
Ready For A Consultation?
Find out whether dental implants are the right option for you by getting in touch with our dental implant specialists to schedule an appointment today at Grand Ledge Smiles. They will evaluate your teeth, jaw, and gums and offer the best advice to help you acquire a healthy and attractive smile.